Re: psql possible TODO

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: psql possible TODO
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 19:09 -0500, mark@mark.mielke.cc wrote:
> My two cents: I've a heavy command line user. I have very strong demands
> on my command recall capabilities. I find control-P to be the single most
> useful keystroke in my repertoire. Command number recall *never* makes my
> list. The zsh feature that lets me edit multi-line commands is a major

I think I would find number recall more useful in psql than CLI. I think
it would be useful for analyzing query plans, and I think that's what
Joshua is talking about.

The cycle goes something like this:

(1) switch enable_* variables on or off, change indexes around, modify
user defined functions, or anything else that might affect a query that
you need to run
(2) run one or more queries that you remember by number, and see the
runtimes, explain, or explain analyze of each.
(3) Goto 1

I would rarely use this feature, but if it was around and required a few
simple keystrokes (and didn't interfere with anything else), it would be
very helpful when I get involved in one of these trial-and-error cycles.

Regards,Jeff Davis