Re: old synchronized scan patch

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: old synchronized scan patch
Список pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, E, 2006-12-04 kell 21:46, kirjutas Tom Lane:
> Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> > Since I am not storing any pointers, and since the information is only
> > really a hint, I don't need to do any locking on that page.
>
> If you think that, you need not bother to submit the patch.  (Hint:
> as soon as you consider more than one table at a time, it doesn't work,
> even ignoring the question of inconsistent reads.)

Why does it not work ?

Are you suggesting, that another backend can somegow see only some bits
of page number being written ?

What problems do you see in multiple table case ?

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com