Which query analiser tools are available?

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Which query analiser tools are available?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

I am struggling with the performance of a JBoss based J2EE application
with CMP 2.1. beans and using PostgreSQL as database back-end.

Because JBoss is largely responsible for the SQL queries that are send
to the back-end , I would like to see the queries that are actually
received by PostgreSQL (insert, select, update and delete), together
with the number of times they are called, the average execution time,
total execution time etc.

I have tried PQA (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pqa/) but that does not
seem to work with PostgreSQL 8.1.5 on Debian Etch: I get output saying
"Continuation for no previous query" and no statistics. As I don't know
anything about Ruby, I am lost here.

Can I "repair" PQA somehow (without resorting to a crash course "Ruby
for *extreme* Ruby dummies") or are there any other, preferably "Open
Source" (or extremely cheap ;-)) and multi-platform (Linux and Windows
2000 +), tools that can gather the statistics that I want?

One last question: can I get the select queries in PostgreSQL *without*
all the internal PostgreSQL selects that appear in the log files if I
set log_statement to "ddl" or "all" or should I try to catch these by a
judiciously chosen log_min_duration_statement ?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld