Re: git config user.email

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: git config user.email
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:41 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> *Personally*, I'd prefer to keep using my main email address for
>> commits.

> As for me, I'd much prefer to be rhaas@postgresql.org than
> robertmhaas@gmail.com.

"Prefer" is exactly the key word here.  I see no reason not to let each
committer exercise his personal preference as to which address to use.
We should suggest that reasonably stable ones be chosen, but it's not
the project's business to make that decision for people.  And in any
case it's impossible to be sure of the longevity of email addresses
more than a few years out, unless your crystal ball works a lot better
than mine.

(My own take is that I absolutely refuse to use tgl@postgresql.org as
a primary mail address.  Its spam filtering is nearly nonexistent.
What comes through there is not *quite* filed directly to /dev/null
here, but it's darn close to that.)