Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > That way, the lock won't be downgraded back to a shared lock on
> > "rollback to savepoint", right? Though it's still better than throwing
> > an error, I think.

So for us non-c programmers out there may I clarify?

If I have a long running transaction that uses multiple savepoints. If I
rollback to a save point the tuple that was being modified before the
rollback will have an exclusive lock?

At what point is the exclusive lock released? When I create a new
savepoint? On COMMIT of the entire transaction?

Joshua D. Drake

> [...]
> !  *        If any live subtransaction of the current backend is a member of
> !  *        the MultiXactId, return its XID; else return InvalidTransactionId.
>    *
> !  * If the MXACT contains multiple such subtransactions, it is unspecified
> !  * which one is returned.  This doesn't matter in current usage because
> !  * heap_lock_tuple takes care not to insert multiple subtransactions of the
> !  * same backend into any MXACT.  If need be, we could modify this code to
> !  * return the oldest such subxact, or some such rule.
>    */
> ! TransactionId
> ! MultiXactIdGetCurrent(MultiXactId multi)
>   {
> !     TransactionId result = InvalidTransactionId;
>       TransactionId *members;
>       int            nmembers;
>       int            i;
> ***************
> *** 439,451 ****
>       nmembers = GetMultiXactIdMembers(multi, &members);
>
>       if (nmembers < 0)
> !         return false;
>
>       for (i = 0; i < nmembers; i++)
>       {
>           if (TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId(members[i]))
>           {
> !             result = true;
>               break;
>           }
>       }
> --- 439,451 ----
>       nmembers = GetMultiXactIdMembers(multi, &members);
>
>       if (nmembers < 0)
> !         return result;
>
>       for (i = 0; i < nmembers; i++)
>       {
>           if (TransactionIdIsCurrentTransactionId(members[i]))
>           {
> !             result = members[i];
>               break;
>           }
>       }
> *** src/include/access/multixact.h.orig    Fri Nov 17 13:00:15 2006
> --- src/include/access/multixact.h    Fri Dec  1 12:17:49 2006
> ***************
> *** 45,51 ****
>   extern MultiXactId MultiXactIdCreate(TransactionId xid1, TransactionId xid2);
>   extern MultiXactId MultiXactIdExpand(MultiXactId multi, TransactionId xid);
>   extern bool MultiXactIdIsRunning(MultiXactId multi);
> ! extern bool MultiXactIdIsCurrent(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern void MultiXactIdWait(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern bool ConditionalMultiXactIdWait(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern void MultiXactIdSetOldestMember(void);
> --- 45,51 ----
>   extern MultiXactId MultiXactIdCreate(TransactionId xid1, TransactionId xid2);
>   extern MultiXactId MultiXactIdExpand(MultiXactId multi, TransactionId xid);
>   extern bool MultiXactIdIsRunning(MultiXactId multi);
> ! extern TransactionId MultiXactIdGetCurrent(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern void MultiXactIdWait(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern bool ConditionalMultiXactIdWait(MultiXactId multi);
>   extern void MultiXactIdSetOldestMember(void);

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks
Сообщение: Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks