Re: small pg_dump RFE: new --no-prompt (password) option

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: small pg_dump RFE: new --no-prompt (password) option
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Seems to me that you could just do this by setting stdin to be
> > /dev/null?
> I think a well defined error message makes sense.

I would think the OP doesn't care that much about the message itself but
about the fact that the thing is left hanging and never returns. In the
presence of such a flag pg_dump should never try to prompt for a
password but fail immediately and exit.

Cheers,
Csaba.