Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 19:09 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Based on suggestions from Simon (mainly) and a few others, I've put
> > up a suggestion for a new layout on the frontpage that shows some
> > more stuff than before. It's up on http://magnus-master.pgadmin.org/.
> >
> > Note: The planetpostgresql header currently reads "support us"
> > pending new image-files from Tom ;-)
>
> I'm not happy about posting planetpostgresql on the front page.  That
> gives random individuals unchecked (until after the fact) access to
> post on the front page.  Seeing that Devrim has in fact in the past
> resisted making planetpostgresql.org into planet.postgresql.org to keep
> the efforts unrelated, that seems contradictory.  What is the rationale
> for making this change?

I think that having planetpostgresql on the front page is not a good
idea. Maybe, put it under community instead? As an example, I use the
planetpostgresql blog for a personal blog, not a professional one. Which
means, I very well will put things up there that really shouldn't be up
on the front page of postgresql.org.

My article on Oil profits being a perfect example.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout
Сообщение: Re: Suggestion: new frontpage layout