Re: Shared pg_xlog directory/partition and warm standby

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Shared pg_xlog directory/partition and warm standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:14 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> The only difference I can think of is not having to copy logfiles
> around, but presumably that could be addressed by using hardlinks
> instead of actually copying (at least on unix...) Maybe Devrim
> has something else in mind?

What I was thinking is to find a way to reduce network traffic in
high-volume environments. If the archive_timeout is set to a really low
value, such as 1 or 2 seconds, it may result in a high traffic.

I thought that if both servers are in the same network, or better,
directly connected to each other, they could share the same partition so
that no network activity occurs.

Anyway, I haven't tried this feature yet on my test server, etc. I am
just trying to understand what's going on and what can be done with this
feature.

Regards,