Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 07:54 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 12:06 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > ISTM we should have space for 6-7 events at a time, plus a small
> > indicator that shows how many events are not displayed (simply use some
> > text to show how many others there are e.g. "37 more" rather than
> > "more").
>
> I don't really see that as useful. It would mean people have to scroll
> and if they have to scroll, they are not going to see it anyway.

I'm surprised to hear you say that. This change would currently put
Command Prompt on the home page, whereas now it is obscured.

Current way of operating means that the Command Prompt event will not
appear until 5 days before the event, rather than the 3 weeks that it
would have been on-screen if 7 events ahead were displayed. That *has*
to translate into more attendees, which has to be a good thing for
*everybody* who cares about advocacy.

I'm planning to run an event before then which would mean the CP event
would not appear until 8th Dec, one days notice. I don't think that's
fair to you, Devrim nor to any of the other people trying to support the
PostgreSQL project with various events. There's nothing to stop somebody
running another event on say 6th and my event will disappear, giving
also only a day's notice before it shows.

[That is chance, I assure you. My event dates are 7th, 14th, 19th]

So what I'm after is:
 - longer lead time from date listing appears on home page until event.
My suggested change moves the lead time from 1-5 days to 2-3 weeks.
 - some indication that there are further events pending, to encourage
people to look for later events and plan their attendance

--
  Simon Riggs

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events
Сообщение: Re: Give more space on Home page for Upcoming Events