Re: Integrating Replication into Core

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Список pgsql-hackers
> Wasn't there supposed to be some discussion among replication authors to
> try to come up with at least some common hooks?

Well yes, but as far as I know that never happen, and we have been
implementing the new version with the above syntax for a year and our
GUC variables have been around for over 4 years.

> If everybody invents their own grammar, GUC vars, etc. etc. it will be
> impossible to handle down the track. We'd be faced with a choice of
> never having any replication in core, or picking one and leaving the
> others out in the cold. This is supposed to be a *community*.

Agreed.

Joshua D. Drake

> cheers
>
> andrew

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997            http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Integrating Replication into Core
Сообщение: Re: Integrating Replication into Core