Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 10:07 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > If there is some great replication solution that a lot of people need
> > and it will only work with a change to core, that change might make it
> > in.
> >
> > However, there may not be nifty syntax changes nor GUCs in core to
> > support a specific implementation of a replicator.
>
> There is definitely another reason though :). Adding a replication
> solution that is integrated *will* increase development overhead in
> terms of support.
>
> Replication touches (alot) of places.

Yes, you're absolutely right.

However, hypothetically, if there was a great replication solution that
helped a lot of people, and it needed some changes to core, I don't
think the patch would be rejected as long as:

(1) The changes are as minimal as possible
(2) The changes are applicable to an entire class of replication, not
just a single implementation

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'
Сообщение: Re: Open source databases '60 per cent cheaper'