Re: Patch for SPI subtransaction memory leakage

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Patch for SPI subtransaction memory leakage
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> I noticed a gripe about plpgsql exceptions leaking memory:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2006-11/msg00032.php
> (woulda been nice if he'd reported it more formally, but whatever.)
>
> Some experimentation shows that there is indeed an issue, eg this
> function leaks about 16K per iteration in HEAD:

So at 10,000 tpm that leaks a GB of RAM every 7 minutes. I'm surprised
we've not had that reported before; wow!

This is still a live request for more input, yes?

Not sure if you got back to the OP on this point, but I'd suggest
raising this on -perform to get more feedback.

--
  Simon Riggs