Re: adminpack and pg_catalog

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: adminpack and pg_catalog
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2006-10-21 at 12:37 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> > If you change it you will make it useless as pgAdmin won't
> > necessarily find the functions it expects. You might as well just
> > remove it (which will almost certainly cause delays to pgAdmin - and
> > pgInstallers - release as I'll need to find time to put it all back
> > how it was).
>
> If pgAdmin is going to dictate what we do with adminpack, adminpack
> should rather be shipped with pgAdmin.

Admin tools are critical.

adminpack is being made available for any and all admin packages, so all
tools, including for example psql *could* be enhanced to use those.
Whether they do is up to them, but at least their life is potentially
easier.

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com