Re: importing data automatically

От Menke, Kurt
Тема Re: importing data automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

I received the following solution :

Sure.  Use pgODBC to connect to the PostgreSQL database from MS Access.   Use
that connection to "export" the table design from MS Access to PostgreSQL
(but not the data, just the design!).

Log into PostgreSQL and adjust the data types and of the fields, becuase the
first step will not have worked perfectly.

Create COPY files and use those to load the new tables.

Create your indexes and FKs *after* import.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

…and I tried to add the PostgreSQL ODBC driver.  However, when trying to add the driver I received the following error: "The setup routines for PostgreSQL ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 126", followed by: "Could not load the setup or translator library", both libraries are exactly where the path in the registry says they should be. I also tried updating my version of MDAC.  Any ideas on this?  It seems the driver may not like Window 2k.

Kurt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kurt A. Menke

GIS Analyst/Programmer