Re: [GENERAL] Database users Passwords

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Database users Passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 10:41 -0400, DEV wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>       I have user information in a table that I want to use to add
> users to the user roles tables that are part of postgresql.  My
> question is this: the passwords in my user table are in there as a
> text file with the data being encrypted using the crypt function, is
> there a way I can use this crypt password when I do a “CREATE ROLE
> userid LOGIN PASSWORD 'crypt password' NOSUPERUSER INHERIT NOCREATEDB
> NOCREATEROLE”  I know that in the current CREATE ROLE I have listed
> will take a clear text password and encrypt it for me.  What do I need
> to change to use an encrypted password?

If user is foo and password is bar, do:

=# select md5('barfoo');
LOG:  duration: 0.140 ms  statement: select md5('barfoo');
               md5
----------------------------------
 96948aad3fcae80c08a35c9b5958cd89
(1 row)

=# create role foo login password 'md596948aad3fcae80c08a35c9b5958cd89'
nosuperuser inherit nocreatedb nocreaterole;

This seems to be lacking in the docs. At least, the only place I found
this information was a user comment in the 8.0 docs. Is this already in
the 8.1 docs? Should we add a description of the way postgresql does the
md5 hashes in the CREATE ROLE section?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis