Re: Default value of serial fields changes after restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Default value of serial fields changes after restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This claim is utter nonsense.  If you are having a problem it's not due
>> to the way regclass literals print.  Please show a complete example of
>> something failing.

> Is it possible the OP has an "alter user set search_path=..." in their
> original db that's not getting backed up here because they're not
> backing up globals?  Seems a more reasonable explanation to me.

That might explain why the literals look different than they used to.
But I still say that if he's getting errors on INSERT, they're coming
from some other cause.  A regclass literal is just an OID under the hood
--- it cannot result in a lookup error, because the lookup's already
been done.