Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index

От Mark Lewis
Тема Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
A few hundred is quite a lot for the next proposal and it's kind of an
ugly one, but might as well throw the idea out since you never know.

Have you considered creating one partial index per assetid?  Something
along the lines of "CREATE INDEX asset_index_N ON asset_positions(ts)
WHERE assetid=N"?  I'd guess that the planner probably wouldn't be smart
enough to use the partial indexes unless you issued a separate query for
each assetid, but each one of those queries should be really fast.  Of
course, this is all assuming that PG knows how to use partial indexes to
satisfy MAX queries; I'm not sure if it does.

-- Mark Lewis