Re: BUG #2671: incorrect return value by RULE

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #2671: incorrect return value by RULE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> "Toru SHIMOGAKI" <shimogaki.toru@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
> > It seems a bug that incorrect return value is displayed if RULE is applied
> > (RULE is always used when users use table partitioning). This is undesirable
> > for some users and applications that want to check return value.
>
> This is the long-ago-agreed-to behavior, see
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/rules-status.html

Understood this is not-a-bug, but it is an opportunity for the TODO.

IMHO when we have a set of mutually exclusive conditional RULEs that it
would be possible to identify the correct return value and display it.
Or another way would be to have a CASE statement instead of a WHERE
clause to allow one of many outcomes to occur.

I'm not that excited about the usefulness of using RULEs with
partitioning, as you know, but it does seem as if everybody else *is*.

--
  Simon Riggs

Сообщение: Re: BUG #2671: incorrect return value by RULE
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2671: incorrect return value by RULE