Re: warning about oom_adj with PG 9.4 logger

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: warning about oom_adj with PG 9.4 logger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Sinclair, Ian D (Ian)" <isinclair@avaya.com> writes:
> While loading 9.4 in my system I got a warning that oom_adj is deprecated, which seems to have come from the postgres
loggertask. I found emails in the archives that this error was fixed in 9.3.3.1 but did the same thing get missed in
thelogger code? Is it fixed later? I'm working on an upgrade to 9.6.

PG 9.4 won't try to touch oom_adj unless it's built with a compile flag
to tell it to do so.  Apparently, whereever you got your PG build from
was not on the same page as your kernel about which OOM API is preferred
or deprecated.  It's probably just cosmetic anyway, so I'd say ignore it.

9.5 and up have a better design for this, in which the behavior is
determined on the fly rather than being hard-wired at build time.

От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: high transaction rate
От: metaresolve
Сообщение: Problems Importing table to pgadmin