creating table while slony-I replication is running

От gurkan@resolution.com
Тема creating table while slony-I replication is running
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I am trying to find out how to CREATE a table while Slony-I replication is
running (meaning without stopping Slony-I replication adding/creating new table
into replication)

I have tried to run this but wont work. please help. thanks.

add_table.sh
----------------------------
#!/bin/sh

/opt/EnterpriseDB/8.1.4.17/dbserver/bin/slonik <<_EOF_
        #--
        # define the namespace the replication system uses in our example it is
        # slony_example
        #--
        cluster name = $CLUSTERNAME;

        node 1 admin conninfo = 'dbname=$MASTERDBNAME host=$MASTERHOST
port=$MASTERDBPORT user=$REPLICATIONUSER';

        EXECUTE SCRIPT (
                SET ID = 1,
                FILENAME = '/opt/EnterpriseDB/8.1.4.17/dbserver/bin/add_table.sql',
                EVENT NODE = 1
        );

_EOF_
----------------------------------

add_table.sql
----------------------------------
CREATE TABLE gurkan
  (
    id serial not null ,
    fname varchar(155),
    lname varchar(155),
    primary key (id)
  );
----------------------------------

ERROR:
-------------------------
[enterprisedb@baba1 bin]$ ./add_table.sh
<stdin>:9: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR select "_edb_replication_example".ddlScript(1,
'CREATE TABLE gurkan
  (
    id serial not null ,
    fname varchar(155),
    lname varchar(155),
    primary key (id)
  );
X\uffff\uffff', -1);  - ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UNICODE": 0xc1c4

This mail sent through IMP: www.resolution.com