Transactional behaviour with trigger

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Transactional behaviour with trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I create two records in a transaction in two different tables: customer
and contactaddress. customer has a foreign key to contactaddress.

I also have third table, customeraddress, which is a materialized view
of the join of customer and contactaddress

For the table customer I have a trigger(function) that inserts a record
in this third table (which works OK as the record is added):

INSERT INTO customeraddress(customer, customernumber, lastname, zipcode, city,housenumber, address)
VALUES(NEW.objectid,NEW.customernumber,NEW.lastname,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

For the contactaddress I also have a trigger(function) that should
update the record in the third table with the additional info of the
contactaddress:

SELECT INTO customer_record objectid FROM prototype.customers WHERE contactaddress = NEW.objectid;
IF customer_record.objectid IS NOT NULL THEN
UPDATE customeraddress set zipcode = NEW.zipcode, city = NEW.city, housenumber = NEW.housenumber , address =
NEW.objectid

WHERE customer = customer_record.objectid;

This last trigger is executed but customer_record.objectid seems to be
always NULL as if the the customer record is not visible. Is that
correct or is there something wrong with the SQl above?

In other words:

1. start transaction
2. add customer record
3. fire customer insert trigger -> copy record to materialized view table
4. add contactaddress record
5. fire contactaddress insert trigger -> update record in materialized view table -> no customer record???
6. end transction

TIA

--
Groeten,