Re: Postgres regexp matching failure?

От Mario Splivalo
Тема Re: Postgres regexp matching failure?
Re: Postgres regexp matching failure?
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 08:42 -0500, Aaron Bono wrote:
> On 9/5/06, Mario Splivalo <mario.splivalo@mobart.hr> wrote:
>
>         pulitzer2=# select 'stop works' ~ '^\s*(?:[\
>         +|-]|(?:[sS][tT][oO][pP]\b)).*$';
>         ?column?
>         ----------
>         (1 row)
>
>         Here, postgres should return true, but it gives me false.
>

> \b is a back-space - is that what you are wanting there?  If I remove
> it I get true.

Actually, I'm not sure :) As I've mentioned, python/java/perl do as I
expected, postgres on the other hand doesn't. If \b was the backspace,
then I'd have trouble with '+mario test', and that one seems to be OK.

I also tried doublebackslashing, all the same.

So, I guess it's obvious that postgres doesn't treat regular expressions
the same way as java/perl/pyton/php/awk/sed do...
Mario
--
Mario Splivalo
Mob-Art

"I can do it quick, I can do it cheap, I can do it well. Pick any two."

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Postgres regexp matching failure?
Сообщение: Re: Postgres regexp matching failure?