Re: Client UI, ODBC, PG & permissions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Client UI, ODBC, PG & permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
"Philippe Lang" <philippe.lang@attiksystem.ch> writes:
> How do you manage permissions in your applications? Is it possible to
> read the permissions a user has on a specific table from the client,

Sure.  See has_table_privilege() and related functions:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/functions-misc.html

I think there may be privilege info available from the
information_schema as well, which would be a better bet if you want to
preserve some semblance of database independence.

We don't currently support any per-column privileges, sorry.