Re: 7.4 Development

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: 7.4 Development
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hello,

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 17:43 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I thought the back patching policy is *three* versions before, not
> > two versions since we are currently supporting 7.3.

> Nope, 7.3 is being back-patched currently but there is no promise that
> that  patching will continue.   I think this is on our web page
> somewhere ..

AFAIR Tom has written that he will continue patching 7.3 for RHEL3 in
the name of Red Hat. So I can count is like a promise if I'm a RHEL3
customer. AFAIK it is about 3 years from now on if they will be
supporting RHEL 3 for 7 years, and 1 year from now on if the EOL is 1
year later (5-years support).

However I believe 7.4 will not live that long, since none of the RHEL
(or like) products contain PostgreSQL 7.4.

Regards,

Вложения