RE: [GENERAL] OID

От Evan Howarth
Тема RE: [GENERAL] OID
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    >I'm designing a database schema and have questions about OID.

    > First, I assume that OID are system assigned? [yes]

    > Second, Can I use OID as a primary key? [no]

    Perhaps in ignorance, I have used the system assigned OID
    as a non-topical primary key. Instead of using the
    "PRIMARY KEY" key words, I explicitly created an index
    on the OID column.

    > Third, Is the OID invariant under an import/export process? [no]

    > Fourth, Can I create table with an OID type for referencing
    > another table? [no]

    You can create a row of type OID. I have used them
    as foreign keys the times I used the OID field as the
    primary key.