Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 11:37, David Lang wrote:

> >> note I said many, not all. I am aware that your company does not fall into
> >> this catagory.
> >
> > I know, but I am curious as to *what* companies. Any reputable PostgreSQL
> > company is going to support Linux as a whole except maybe some fringe distros
> > like Gentoo or RedFlag. Not to mention FreeBSD and Solaris.
>
> I'm not going to name names in public, but I will point out that different
> companies definitions of what constatutes 'fringe distros' are different.
> For some any linux other then RedHat Enterprise or SuSE is a fringe distro
> (with SuSE being a relativly recent addition, for a while RedHat were
> frequently the only supported distro versions)
>
> and please note, when I'm talking about support, it's not just postgresql
> support, but also hardware/driver support that can run into these problems

I've run into this as well.  Generally speaking, the larger the company,
the more likely you are to get the "we don't support that" line.

Сообщение: Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good
Сообщение: Re: Hardware upgraded but performance still ain't good