Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
>> ... the calendar says it's too late for 7.1.

> Even for the _real_ bugfixes in gist.c ?

If he were submitting only bugfixes, we wouldn't be having this
discussion.

Look, I don't like postponing improvements either.  But if we don't
adhere to project management discipline, we are never going to get
releases out the door at all --- or if we do, they'll be too buggy
to be reliable.  It's not like "no new features during beta" is such
a draconian or difficult-to-understand rule.

The RelFileNodeEquals() bug we found on Monday proves that no one had
yet done enough stress-testing on 7.1 to discover that multiple
databases were broken.  Think about that for awhile before you campaign
for inserting untested new features at this point.  We need to focus on
TESTING, people, not new features.