Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: \dl+ to list large objects privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Pavel Luzanov <p.luzanov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>> I wonder if we shouldn't put these new tests in largeobject.sql instead.
>> (That would mean there are two expected-files to change, which is a bit
>> tedious, but it's not very hard.)

> I made the same changes to two files in the 'expected' directory:
> largeobject.out and largeobject_1.out.
> Although I must say that I still can't understand why more than one file
> with expected result is used for some tests.

Because the output sometimes varies across platforms.  IIRC, the
case where largeobject_1.out is needed is for Windows, where the
file that gets inserted into one of the LOs might contain CR/LF
not just LF newlines, so the LO contents look different.

> Also, I decided to delete following line in the listLargeObjects
> function because all the other commands in describe.c do not contain it:
>      myopt.topt.tuples_only = false;

Agreed, I'd done that already in my version of the patch.

> Second version (after splitting) is attached.

Pushed with some minor editorialization.