Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived
Дата
Re: Forcing current WAL file to be archived  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 11:20 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> writes:
> > > Where are we on these TODO items:
> >
> > >           o Allow point-in-time recovery to archive partially filled
> > >             write-ahead logs [pitr]
> >
> > I believe we'd agreed that the necessary infrastructure for this is
> > just a function to tell the current WAL segment name and offset.
>
> Yes, perhaps, though I can envision a GUC that does regularly partial
> archiving.  I will add a question mark to the item.

I was planning to add a new GUC
archive_timeout (integer) = max # secs between log file switches

--  Simon Riggs              EnterpriseDB   http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: column-level privilege
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Better name/syntax for "online" index creation