Re: PseudoPartitioning and agregates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PseudoPartitioning and agregates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> How hard would it be to have Postgres actually remove the gettimeofday
> overhead from the EXPLAIN ANALYZE output?

Personally, I dislike measurement tools that lie to you under the flag
of producing more-easily-interpreted results.

As an example of why this would be a bad idea, the total time would no
longer be closely related to the actual elapsed time (as measured by
psql's \timing for instance) so you would be entirely unable to tell
whether there was some significant factor not being measured.