Re: table replication, without master-slave setup

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: table replication, without master-slave setup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex,

If you have 2 different sets of data, you might want to replicate both
ways in separate data bases. I mean set up on both machines 2 data
bases, one master and one slave on both machines. Then you can use 2
slony replication sets to replicate in both directions. This way if one
of the servers fail, you have both DBs on the other one.

I think you can also replicate in both directions in the same data base,
except you can't have a single table replicated both ways, you should
have each table being part of just 1 replication set. So if you have the
same tables in both application, then you should use separate data
bases.

I didn't try this with slony, but from what I have seen from how it's
set up I guess it should work.

Cheers,
Csaba.