Trying to connect to an Oracle instance...

От Spendius
Тема Trying to connect to an Oracle instance...
Дата
Re: Trying to connect to an Oracle instance...  (Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
I've been trying to perform a connection to an Oracle DB for a while,
to no avail. Here is what I get at my psql prompt:
postdb=# Select dblink_connect('login','hostaddr=<host IP> port=1521 \
dbname=orasid user=mylogin password=mypwd');
ERROR:  could not establish connection
DETAIL:  server closed the connection unexpectedly
        before or while processing the request.

I installed postgresql 8.1 on an Win XP PC a few days ago without
any problem, and I get no error at all when I run any other SQL
instructions or PostgreSQL functions. I ran the
%POSTGRES_HOME%\share\contrib\dblink.sql
file as the same user (which is the 'postgres' Windows user I created
-as I have admin privs on my PC- and with which I execute the following

every time I want to use postgresql:
DOS>runas /env /user:<pc_name>\postgres
d:\prgs\postgresql\81\bin\postmaster
DOS>runas /env /user:<pc_name>\postgres "d:\prgs\postgresql\81\bin\psql
postdb"
in a DOS box)

<host IP>, orasid, mylogin and mypwd are valid parameters necessary
to connect myself to an Oracle 'orasid' DB that resides on a
Sun/Solaris
server, they work in a SQL*Plus session for example (I use the IP
address
rather than the name of this server because if I don't I get the error
"could
not translate host name "host name" to address: Unknown host", yet I
can
ping it of course). Obviously I need to configure something for the
network
inside PostgreSQL directories, don't I ?

Hopefully I gave all details required to give me some hints... Thanks
for
any suggestion...
Spendius