Re: UW 713UP3 patch

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: UW 713UP3 patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches

--On Sunday, November 02, 2003 23:05:21 +0100 Peter Eisentraut
<peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> Larry Rosenman writes:
>
>> The problem is MOST people will **NOT** be able to get the fixed compiler
>> as it's on the Upgrade Pack path (PAY FOR), and **NOT** the Maintenance
>> Pack path (Free).
>
> Why did they upgrade to the broken compiler in the first place, and why
> doesn't SCO provide free fixes for broken products?
The "Broken Compiler" is in EVERY version prior to the UP3 compiler.  We
just started tripping it with the changes in 7.4.

I don't know why they didn't/haven't put this fix in the MP path, and I
can't change that decision, therefore, we need to work around it.

It's not that big of a deal.  See the patch I posted that SHOULD meet your
requirements.

> --
> Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Вложения

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: UW 713UP3 patch
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: "make check" improvement for cygwin