Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> you guys missed the key part of my message "if I were to remove all
> sources but decide later ..." :)  if I remove sources, I no longer have
> config-status to work with :)

No, I didn't miss it.  IMHO "make distclean" should remove every file
created by configure --- that would include any specialized "CONFIGURE"
output file you might want it to create.  So there's no advantage to
having that over the existing config.status output file.

If you don't want to lose the configure outputs then do "make clean",
not "make distclean".