Re: How to import data

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: How to import data
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 16:46 +0530, VivekanandaSwamy R. wrote:
> i have data in MS Excel.Now i need to export data from excel to pgsql
> table.Is there any posiblity to this...

Surely there is. Use PostgreSQL ODBC driver for this. Install the
driver, use it as a data source for Excel and make Excel connect to your
database via ODBC.

Another solution is to create table(s) in the database first, then save
your Excel file in csv format, then export this to your database using
COPY (or using pgadmin ;) ).

<propaganda> BTW, I don't have MS Excel around, and I'm not sure that it
can save the data in CSV format -- if not, it is another good reason to
switch to OpenOffice.org .</propaganda>

Regards,