Re: How to notify JBoss J2EE application in a trigger or

От Joost Kraaijeveld
Тема Re: How to notify JBoss J2EE application in a trigger or
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Markus,

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 13:04 +0200, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Hoost,
>
> Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
>
> > I want a PostgreSQL trigger or rule that notifies a JBoss deployed J2EE
> > application of a certain event.
> >
> > I was hoping that pljava would work, but for some -yet unknown to me-
> > reason, it does not work on my Debian AMD64 with Sun 1.5.0-7 JVM.
> >
> > Does anyone have an (working???) example or a pointer to an example of
> > how to do this?
>
> Hmm, did you try the GCJ-based pljava variant?
No, I did not. As far as I know, I *must* use the Sun JVM for JBoss, and
I don't know if and how I can mix the GJC and Sun Java environment. Is
that possible with (almost) no hassle and readme's?

> And, as an workaround, have an extra bean sitting in the JBoss that
> LISTENs, and the trigger in SQL simply NOTIFYing it?
Can you elaborate on that? What do you mean with LISTEN and NOTIFY?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

От: Markus Schaber
Сообщение: Re: How to notify JBoss J2EE application in a trigger or rule???
От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: How to notify JBoss J2EE application in a trigger or rule???