Query optimization to select rows instead of too many or conditions

От Arup Rakshit
Тема Query optimization to select rows instead of too many or conditions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Suppose I want to select the rows from a table, say Emp, as below :

Select * from Emp
where (attr1 = val11 and attr2 = val12 and attr3 = val13) or (attr1 = val14and attr2 = val15 and attr3 = val16);

Now suppose I got (x1, x2, x3) and (y1, y2, y3). Then I need to rewrite my query as :

Select * from Emp
where (attr1 = val11 and attr2 = val12 and attr3 = val13) or (attr1 = val14 and attr2 = val15 and attr3 = val16) or
 (attr1 = x1 and attr2 = x2 and attr3 = x3) or (attr1 = y1 and attr2 = y2 and attr3 = y3);

So for each new set I need to add one more `or` conditions. It seems wired.

Any better way to get it done ?

--
Regards,

--Brian Kernighan