Re: Best high availability solution ?

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Best high availability solution ?
Список pgsql-general
Hi Arnaud,

perhaps you can still use Slony-I for replication and have another tool
automatically handle connections (check out PgPool[1] or SQLRelay[2]).

Or go for a middleware replication solution. Check C-JDBC[3], perhaps
there is something similar for ODBC?

LifeKeeper seems to handle replication at a lower level (filesystem,
distributed memory, or such) and does not seem to be very well suited
for database replication. However, I've had just a quick glance at the
website.

Hope that helps

Markus

[1]: http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgpool/