Re: 8.1.4: Who says "PHP deprecated addslashes since

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: 8.1.4: Who says "PHP deprecated addslashes since
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 08:58, Erik Jones wrote:
> ljb wrote:
> > tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us wrote:

> >> I'm not going to put words in Josh's mouth about where he got that from,
> >> but anyone who reads all of the comments at
> >> http://us3.php.net/manual/en/function.addslashes.php
> >> ought to come away suitably unimpressed with the security of that
> >> function.
> >>

> > Yes, sorry, I did see those comments, although I don't think they are from
> > the PHP group themselves.  But I missed the statement on the pg_escape_string
> > manual page saying "use of this function is recommended instead of
> > addslashes()". I still think "since version 4.0" is wrong.
> >
> Better yet, use PEAR::DB or some other db abstraction package that will
> handle all of this for you.

Or, if you're going to use the native pgsql interface, you can always
use prepared queries.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-prepare.php

Actually, other than still not having error numbers (just the error
messages, seems like "priority inversion" to me, btw) the pgsql
interface in php is quite robust.  You can even run async queries with
it.