Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication

От Joshua Berkus
Тема Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Yeah, I don't know how I produced the crash in the first place, because of course the self-replica should block all
writes,and retesting it I can't get it to accept a write.  Not sure how I did it in the first place.

So the bug is just that you can connect a server to itself as its own replica.  Since I can't think of any good reason
todo this, we should simply error out on startup if someone sets things up that way.  How can we detect that we've
connectedstreaming replication to the same server?