Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP (parent);
> ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS ADD (parent);

Wouldn't it be possible to allow the ADD/DROP to happen in the same
statement, like:

ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP crt_parent ADD new_parent;

or:

ALTER TABLE childN ALTER INHERITS DROP crt_parent, ALTER INHERITS ADD
new_parent;

That would still make it one statement, but more explicit. And it would
eliminate the need for parenthesis (I assume they were needed for
supplying more than 1 table to inherit/disinherit).

Cheers,
Csaba.