Re: Interrupting Cursors

От Steve Tucknott
Тема Re: Interrupting Cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

Michael,
Looks as though it may well do. I'll see if I can get the pid of the process and give it a go.

Thanks.

On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 11:27 -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 06:04:46PM +0100, Steve Tucknott wrote:
> Are there any plans to introduce the ability to 'interrupt' cursors?
> We have some large queries that the user may have set off inadvertently,
> and it may be handy to have the ability to send an interrupt to the
> engine.

Would pg_cancel_backend() work?  Or could you set statement_timeout
to a reasonable value for certain users?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-SIGNAL-TABLE
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/runtime-config-client.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CLIENT-STATEMENT

Regards,

Steve Tucknott