Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs

От Rafael Martinez, Guerrero
Тема Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 11:00, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Montag, 22. Mai 2006 09:17 schrieb Rafael Martinez, Guerrero:
> > To have a database on a NFS filesystem is a disaster waiting to happen,
> > specially if the NFS server is running on Linux. Not to talk on the
> > performance penalty of running the database via NFS.
>
> With all due respect, this is a bunch of FUD.  When used properly, NFS is
> perfectly safe and well-performing for a PostgreSQL database or any other
> application.

Well, I do not agree with what you say. NFS and specially if the server
is running Linux is not perfectly safe and well-performing for a
database system, specially in a busy one.

Our experience with NFS on linux is that not always works as is suppose
to do. Yes, it works ok in many cases and yes, it works ok for some type
of applications but it does not work for the level of reliability and
integrity we want in our systems/databases.

regards,
--
Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
University of Oslo, Norway

PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/

Сообщение: Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs
Сообщение: Re: "make check" fails over NFS or tmpfs