Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: db_user_namespace a "temporary measure"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Are you claiming there are no users, and if so, on what evidence?

> I am claiming that I don't think anybody is using that, yes.

> Based on the fact that I have *never* come across it on any system I've
> come across since, well, forever. Except once I think, many years ago, when
> someone had enabled it by mistake and needed my help to remove it...

A slightly more scientific basis for that would be to ask on
pgsql-general.

> Or if someone wants to fix it properly of course :)

Yeah, that's what we've been hoping for for 12 years.  I stopped holding
my breath awhile ago.

Mind you, I wouldn't be unhappy to see it go away; it's a kluge and always
has been.  I'm just expecting lots of push-back if we try.  And it's kind
of hard to resist push-back when you don't have a substitute to offer.