Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Список pgsql-hackers
Ühel kenal päeval, R, 2006-05-19 kell 09:40, kirjutas Christopher
Kings-Lynne:
> > We also need better support for non C locales in tsearch.  As I was porting
> > mysql's sakila sample database I was reminded just how painful it is when you
> > initdb in a non-supported locale (which is probably the default on the
> > majority of distros out there)
>

> In 8.2 tsearch2 supports utf8...

Utf8 is encoding, but I guess that tsearch2 does not care much about
locales ?

tsearch2 does not do sorts, but it may care about upper()/lower() for
languages that support it, so there our locale support should be good
for utf8 encoding if we care about language-specific case insensitivity.

--
Hannu Krosing

Skype me:  callto:hkrosing
Get Skype for free:  http://www.skype.com

Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax