Re: tsearch2 in PostgreSQL 8.3?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch2 in PostgreSQL 8.3?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Oh, so you want the config inside each tsvector value. Interesting
>> idea.

> Yeah, hasn't anyone suggested this before?  It seems like the obvious
> solution.

It might be an obvious solution, but to some other problem than the one
we have.  The problem we are trying to address is how to know which
config to use to construct a *new* tsvector.

> A TSvector constructed with en_US is NOT the same as a vector
> constructed with fr_FR and it's silly to pretend that they are comparable.

Um, actually I think Oleg and Teodor believe that they *are* comparable.
If we try to force them not to be then we'll break multi-language
situations.