Re: Find min and max values across two columns?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Find min and max values across two columns?
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 16:40, Emi Lu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried "select greatest(max(a), max(b)) from public.test",  but I got
> the following errors:
>
> ERROR:  function greatest(integer, integer) does not exist
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
> need to add explicit type casts.
>
> May I know where I can read the docs about greatest & least please.
>
> I am using  PostgreSQL 8.0.7.

You need to define your problem better.  Assuming these data:

a  b
12 24
24 12
13 18
25 10

which should I get for greatest(max(a), max(b)) should I get?  Do you
just want 25,24???  In that case you don't need greatest.  Do you need
the highest total between the two, or what?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Find min and max values across two columns?
Сообщение: Re: Find min and max values across two columns?