Re: pg_dump after transaction id wraparound failure

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: pg_dump after transaction id wraparound failure
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2006-05-15 at 14:07, Michael L. Boscia wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com> wrote:

> > This is one of those rare instances when I'd shut down the server and
> > take a file system backup if I could.  However, at 1.4 TB, that might be
> > a bit difficult... :)
>
> What do I do with a filesystem backup after its done?  If I copy and
> restore somewhere won't I experience all the same issues?

Well, imagine that things get worse (like that catalog corruption you
mentioned)...  If you have a file system backup you can at least get
back to where you are right now.  Better to have a huge, useless backup
you don't need laying about than to be thinking 5 minutes after the
vacuum "Man, I wish I had a file system backup..."

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump after transaction id wraparound failure
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump after transaction id wraparound failure