Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3
Дата
Re: ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE, v3  ("David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Hmm.  To make that work, we'd have to have ALTER EXTENSION UPDATE use a
>> different default version name from what CREATE EXTENSION uses (unless

> Yes.  I see that as a good feature to have.  stable and support looks
> like good default aliases for me, but again, IANANS (native speaker).

I'm not very happy with that at all, either as to the concept or the
specific version-alias names.  I don't think that CREATE and ALTER
really need different default version targets.  And those choices of
names carry far too much baggage.  "Default" is what they are as far as
the system is concerned, but names like those imply a lot more.

Anybody else have an opinion on this detail?

Сообщение: Re: Careful PL/Perl Release Not Required
Сообщение: Re: Careful PL/Perl Release Not Required