Re: Query length restriction in v3 protocol?

От Mark Lewis
Тема Re: Query length restriction in v3 protocol?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 10:26 +0800, Patric Bechtel wrote:
> > The outer join improvements are already in CVS HEAD:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2006-02/msg00342.php
> >
> > If you test with CVS HEAD could you please post your results back here?
> > I know I'd be really interested in the results.
> >
> from the mail: "
> CVS HEAD can re-order left joins in common cases, but no existing
> release will touch the ordering of outer joins at all.
> "

A "left join" is an abbreviation for "left outer join", which is the
kind of outer join that Hibernate uses, and the left join re-ordering
fixes are definitely in CVS HEAD right now so I would anticipate you
would see a performance boost.

There's more discussion of the specific changes in the archives for the
performance mailing list, if you're interested.

-- Mark